Growing Medicinal Plants
Few things in my life are more rewarding than going no further than my garden to bring in plants that heal and keep my family well. Growing wild plants is challenging to even the most experienced gardener. For instance, did you know that some plants should be covered with soil and some should not? Some need darkness and some need light to germinate. Some can take as much as 18 months to pop through the soil?
Fall is the best time to direct sow seeds and to start some indoors
What you will learn:
- Propagation techniques
- How to coax germination with stratification and scarification
- When is the best time to start seeds
- How to harvest, dry, and store seeds from wild and cultivated plants
What you will receive:
- Assortment of fresh seeds from the herb garden
- Hand outs and seed starting charts
- Available plants
Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy your medicinal garden this summer!